Star Wars: Battlefront II has been one of my favorite Star Wars games I’ve every played. Although it isn’t perfect and has its fair share of lack of creativity and a few bugs here and there, it still is one of the most fun Star Wars games to date. Hence, why I try to play it every day when I get the chance. But as we all know, adulting prevents this much of the time.
Moving forward with caution, but this statement might cause me to be on next week’s bounty puck: I love Battlefront II just as much as Jedi: Fallen Order! Both are excellent games for their style of gameplay. Fallen Order is more for story and exploration, while Battlefront II leans more toward the realm of instant action and online co-op.
Since Battlefront II is such a favorite of mine, I’m happy to be the one to share some interesting updates coming to the game this month! Here’s the rundown:
- Technical Support – BB-8 will count as two units when capturing a Command Post, and activating an objective device is much faster.
- Swift Reaction – BB-8 increases the cooldown speed of nearby friendly character’s abilities.
- Health on Kill – Upon defeating an opponent, BB-8 will receive some health back.
- Dodge – Quick Dodge to the side
- Jump – A quick impulse jump that is slightly higher than blaster heroes
- Speed – Similar to a Force user in terms of sprinting speed
- Flashlight – Ability to turn on and off a flashlight
- Self Repairs – BB-8’s maximum health regeneration is increased.
- Spared Batteries – Every trooper defeated or 200 damage to villains increases Shock Prod damage.
- Shielded Roll – BB-8 takes less damage while using Rolling Charge.
- Headfirst – BB-8 deals more damage when hitting an enemy with Rolling Charge.
- Spinner – When hitting multiple enemies with Cable Spin, the next cooldown of the ability is reduced.
- Whirlwind – Both the damage and area of effect of Cable Spin is increased.
- Uncover – Enemies revealed by Resistance Backing will take extra damage from attacks.
- Trusty Droid – When BB-8 defeats an opponent that was revealed by Resistance Backing, he will heal nearby friendly characters.
- Roll Together – The increased cooldown speed of BB-8 is improved.
And the best thing of them all is that BB-8 is getting a Thumb’s Up emote!
- Technical Support – BB-9E will count as two units when capturing a Command Post and activating an objective device is much faster.
- Bacta Support – BB-9E periodically regenerates the main health of friendly characters around him.
- Health on Kill – Upon defeating an opponent, BB-9E will receive some health back.
- Dodge – Quick Dodge to the side.
- Jump – A quick impulse jump that is slightly higher than blaster heroes.
- Speed – Similar to a Force user in terms of sprinting speed.
- Flashlight – Ability to turn on and off a flashlight.
- Full Reconstruction – BB-9E’s maximum health regeneration is increased.
- Linked Systems – Every 200 health healed to friendly characters reduces the shock prod stun cooldown.
- Hearty Exhaust – The radius of smoke screen is increased.
- I See You – Enemies revealed by Smoke Screen will be revealed for longer.
- Faster, Faster! – If shock spin hits enough targets, its damage will be doubled for the remaining time.
- Spin me Round – Enemies hit by Shock Spin will be pushed further away, but its cooldown is increased.
- Swift Power – The cooldown of Charge Up is reduced.
- Supercharged – The radius of Charge Up is increased.
- Potent Bacta – The radius of Bacta Support is bigger, but the cooldown between heals is also increased.
According to EA’s Release Notes, DICE will turn to the Age of Rebellion in a future update. More details will be given about this change later on in the month.
More changes include that the Original Trilogy will focus solely on ground battles, hence, why they’re creating a new ground-only version of the popular mode, Capital Supremacy. Because of this overhaul, this mode will be rebranded as Supremacy.
Another reason for the change is due to the addition of new maps including a fan favorite, Scarif. This new map is sure to be exciting because Star Wars: Battlefront’s Rogue One tie-in will be coming back.
Just to clarify, the new Heroes update will arrive next Monday on February 3rd, while the new maps and other additional changes will arrive later on in the month. This is exciting news for those who love Battlefront II as much as I do. However, I’m still disappointed in EA’s forgetfulness to adding new maps to Assault mode. Hopefully, they continue to bring updates to other areas of the game as well.
If you want to check out the full Community Transmission released by EA that highlights all the changes in greater detail, check it out here.
Keep us on our radar so you can stay up to date on any news surrounding your favorite Star Wars games!